da_ezman 0 Newbie Poster

I've got 4 of these IBM A22m-2628-VSU laptops I'm rebuilding. They were initially loaded with Win98SE. I'm doing a format and clean load of XP Pro. Got 3 done but #4 is being a pain. It boots from the disk, does system analysis and loads driver pack. Then, it shows Starting Windows. It just sits there, will not proceed with the load.
I have swapped hard drives, set defaults in BIOS and checked to make sure there is no setup password loaded to prevent this. Nothing seems to help.
The other issue I am having is with the IBM High Rate Wireless LAN PC card. I can't get it to connect to an AP sitting within 3 feet. I have set and verified that the SSID and WEP key are entered correctly. In Device Manager it shows the driver for this card as an MS driver, not IBM. I have downloaded and installed every thing I can find at IBM site to get these things to function. Installed ThinkVantage Access version that included driver pack, then upgraded to the latest version.
It really appears as a driver issue as I have no option available anywhere to turn radio function on. I think if I can get the proper driver that will allow me to turn radio on, I will solve the problem.
If anyone has any experience with these laptops and similar issues, I sure would appreciate some insight.
:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.