Hi all,:mrgreen:

New to this forum. Have posted this issue in other forums, but to no avail.

Basically, I have a used IBM A22m Laptop that is giving me intermittent issues both with the LCD and memory. The LCD is my main issue, because I think the memory is heat related.

When I turn the computer on, the LCD shows garbled with lines running horizontal usually mostly white. If I push the screen all the way out so it's flat, and then slowly pull it back to a comfortable viewing position everything shows normal. All systems normal unless the computer gets bumped or set down the screen goes back to it's garbage state. It can be corrected only if I twist the housing slightly. After all this happens I usually can't get it to display properly again until after it has had time to "rest." Then it's the same routine again.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I was told elsewhere that the LCD is shot. But to me it feel's like a bad connection.

Thanks,
Matt

Sounds like the lcd data connector is loose. You may want to pop it open and check the connection. You may want to untape it and reseat the plug before taping it again. This should fix your problem. If not then you must have something going on with the circuit board on the LCD itself and you are most likely going to need a new LCD. That one is a hard one to find. Let me know if you cant find it or if you want to sell it as is.

Dave
(800)805-0062

Thanks,

But, apparently the LCD was just a preliminary issue. I went to mess around with the system a couple days ago and the HD started to clunk. Then after several reboots, I started to smell something...burning electronics. So I had to lay this one to rest. Any ideas on where to get a new laptop on a students budget would be helpful! :mrgreen:

Matt

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.