quick question...i have a vision of what i want to do and i was wondering if anybody knew if it were possible...i want to take the lcd screen off a laptop computer...sink it into the liner of the ceiling of my car and use clasps similar to teh ones for a garage door opener to let it down/hold it up...my question is is it possible to rig the lcd monitor to accept a plug similar to the male end of an RCA? In addition what other problems could I possibly encounter with powering up..etc...? thanks for your help

quick question...i have a vision of what i want to do and i was wondering if anybody knew if it were possible...i want to take the lcd screen off a laptop computer...sink it into the liner of the ceiling of my car and use clasps similar to teh ones for a garage door opener to let it down/hold it up...my question is is it possible to rig the lcd monitor to accept a plug similar to the male end of an RCA? In addition what other problems could I possibly encounter with powering up..etc...? thanks for your help

It can't be done the way that you are proposing. The LC display from a laptop is custom to that laptop, and designed to take a custom digital video signal -- there's no economical way to convert an analog video signal to one that the laptop LCD could deal with. One alternative might be to adapt one of those APEX portable DVD players, especially if it has a video-in jack.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.