My screen has a dark hue from when I turn it on. When the computer starts, my monitor is dark and the colors never fully come in after it has got to the desktop and warmed up. I can leave it on to wait for the screen to fully materialize but I have to squint just to see things. If I get a dark web page I cannot see the writing on it. Can someone help me??? What could be wrong?? :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

have you adjusted the contrast and brightness, click the menu and try this

I've just recently answered that one at another forum I frequent:

http://forums.networknext.com/pcpp/viewtopic.php?t=22688

Hi mate.

Have a chat to the TV/Electronics repairmen in your area and see if you can find one who will have a look at it for you at an affordable price.

Virtually all monitors have an internal adjustment which controls brightness, as well as the one on the front. With a bit of luck, you just might be able to get a bit more out of it, and extend the life of that old monitor a little more.

Don't, under any circumstances, try to pull it apart and fiddle with it yourself. Unless you know what you're doing, you can end up DEAD!! There are many, many thousands of volts running around inside the thing, and you have to have it turned on while it's being adjusted.

If you can find someone who'll give it a 'tweak' for you for about $40 or $50, then it's well worth a try!

That's Australian dollars I'm referring to there, but you get the drift, I'm sure. If you've got screen brightness turned right up, but your monitor no longer reponds, that's worth a try.

With a bit of luck, you just might be able to get a bit more out of it

Yeah, but with the symptom descibed that's probably all you'll be getting with that tweak- she's a'goin' down, captain. :mrgreen:

It will get progressively worse without a proper repair, but if the monitor has already gotten to that state, it's probably old enough that is isn't worth the $$ to have it serviced. :sad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.