Hi People,

I rencently purchased a 320Gb external harddrive, however it uses USB 2.0 which my powerbook don't have and is extremely slow using USB 1.0

An easy option I though was to get a Belkin USB 2.0 Notebook card, which, according to the instructions works on Mac OSX 10.2 and above without the need to install any drives as OS X should pic it straight up.

Soon as a put the card in the Mac it froze, nothing would work including mouse, keys etc. Tryed to restart but the Mac would not boot with the card inserted. Take the card out and all is well.

If anyone has any ideas drop me a line.

Mark.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I hate that when it don't work right away! Have you got onto the belkinn site and checked ...

I just thought of a round about way to get it to work but its a push and a last resort ... find a firewire adapter for the drive. and swap Enclosures and plug the drive into your firewire

Hi People,

I rencently purchased a 320Gb external harddrive, however it uses USB 2.0 which my powerbook don't have and is extremely slow using USB 1.0

An easy option I though was to get a Belkin USB 2.0 Notebook card, which, according to the instructions works on Mac OSX 10.2 and above without the need to install any drives as OS X should pic it straight up.

Soon as a put the card in the Mac it froze, nothing would work including mouse, keys etc. Tryed to restart but the Mac would not boot with the card inserted. Take the card out and all is well.

If anyone has any ideas drop me a line.

Mark.

MArk I've the same story as you but a different card.
Avoid the IOGEAR GPU202 I Tried it and it that doesnt work either. They confidently says it works with OSX on the packaging. Somebody telling porkies somewhere along the line it seems:twisted: If you find anything that has worked tell us!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.