Hi! My Quickcam Pro 3000 no longer works. For the past couple of months I've been getting a "USB device not recognized" message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It worked for a short while after doing this a couple of weeks ago, but then stopped working. I again went through the reinstalling...this time it won't work at all. I then disabled my AVAST program and tried installing again.. still nothing. Do I have to download an updated driver? I see there's a 40MB driver that will take over an hour for me to download.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

UPDATE: I downloaded the driver from Logitech and still no luck! Camera refuses to connect. The green light flashes occasionally, taunting me, but won't work.

UPDATE: I downloaded the driver from Logitech and still no luck! Camera refuses to connect. The green light flashes occasionally, taunting me, but won't work.

I have been having problems. Don't know how long it was happening though...just upgraded my processor. I rarely use my webcam nowadays since I have a concubine at home ;).

I was noticing a beep on shutdown, searching showed it was probably the quickcam. Killing the processess and shutting down without a beep confirmed it.

I had to uinstall to my old quickcam software to failure, then delete the deldev.exe file from the bin subdirectory in the install directory and do it again...then just run setup after a reboot.

However, although my camera works...I get a beep whenever I shutdown (windows default beep).

:?:

This is a popular topic, searching uninstalling quickcam, papp quickcam error, -5001 quickcam error, etc will show many are having problems.

Hmmm...devdrl or something like that. I see that message box when I'm shutting down if more than one desktop was used.

Anyway, I reinstalled, then disabled my Avast, plugged in the webcam... then it works for awhile on Yahoo then goes black and the Yahoo gets screwy. *sigh*

I'll try that Devdlr or whatever thing next..

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.