Hi everyone,

I have a Compaq Presario M2105US, and it won't boot up. When I press the power button, only the Caps and Scroll lights begin to flash continuously. After a while, the fan does go on, but there could be a few different reasons for this. Two days ago, I ran the update program, so I don't know if there was a BIOS change. On top of that, there was a power outage for about half a second. I took apart the laptop (WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HIDDEN SCREWS?) to disconnect and reconnect everything to no avail. Bringing it to a professional would be a waste of money, since it was a cheapy to begin with. Any ideas out there?

Thanks for any advice,

Dan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Dan,

Well when the power outage took place was it connected to a surge protector or was it on a regular wall socket. Cause if it was a surge you could have blown ur MB. If your bios was updated wrong just take out the CMOS batter for about 30 mins and let it reset. Try these and let me know if they help
TJ

In addition to TechTJ suggestion.

Does your computer power up to the Compaq screen? If yes, try to enter bios then set it at default settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.