I Installed a .exe file by accident and now Mcafee has detected trojans etc..

Now I can't open My documents, My computer, Recycle Bin, etc... only thing i can open are installed applications.

When I double click my computer etc. it just shows the hourglass then nothing happens.

Please help, i'm getting really frustrated!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by smithead

the same thing happened to me. i scanned my pc with mcafee (which i had to buy) and it got rid of every problem except the not being able to throw things away. are you having problems with popups from IE?

the same thing happened to me. i scanned my pc with mcafee (which i had to buy) and it got rid of every problem except the not being able to throw things away. are you having problems with popups from IE?

I wasn't having pop ups of the sort, but I have managed to get rid of the trojans now.. I simply rebooted in safe mode.. (which enabled me to open "my computer", etc.. then deleted the file i installed.. then deleted all the programs it had installed from the control panel (about 4 or 5) then deleted a few regisrty keyes which belonged to the trojans which i found from "Windows Defender".

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.