I Installed a .exe file by accident and now Mcafee has detected trojans etc..

Now I can't open My documents, My computer, Recycle Bin, etc... only thing i can open are installed applications.

When I double click my computer etc. it just shows the hourglass then nothing happens.

Please help, i'm getting really frustrated!!

the same thing happened to me. i scanned my pc with mcafee (which i had to buy) and it got rid of every problem except the not being able to throw things away. are you having problems with popups from IE?

the same thing happened to me. i scanned my pc with mcafee (which i had to buy) and it got rid of every problem except the not being able to throw things away. are you having problems with popups from IE?

I wasn't having pop ups of the sort, but I have managed to get rid of the trojans now.. I simply rebooted in safe mode.. (which enabled me to open "my computer", etc.. then deleted the file i installed.. then deleted all the programs it had installed from the control panel (about 4 or 5) then deleted a few regisrty keyes which belonged to the trojans which i found from "Windows Defender".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.