Okay I am getting very frustrated. I have a HP laptop OS Vista. The computer is running very sloooooow. When you open a program up it takes a while for the program to start. When you are on the internet it takes a long time to web pages to load. When you start the computer it will take about 5 min for the computer to load. What type could this be and how would I go about fixing this problem.

You are probably experiencing the downside of having too many processes running at the same time. Try to open the service manager (Run "services.msc") and disable some of the services that you see consumes the processor speed. (Of course, don't disable any vital services, just a few that doesn't need to be started when you start your computer).

Remember that you might have to enable some services again if you install new programs or add new hardware.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.