Hi There, I have picked up a virus under the name of VUNDROP.. I thought avast had removed it and windows defender picked it up.. but now the dreaded ANTIVIRUS 2009 keeps popping up with the links to its website.. It seemed that came from one of your links on your 'things to do first list.. I am attaching the hijack log, if someone could help... I have used Spybot & the ATF cleaner but to no avail... SB found loads and removed...when Vista boots it keeps asking for very random Dll files, which are missing, this started when the VUNdrop virus was found.. Thanks in advance.. Just ran a program called SUPERantispyware which seems to clean the trojans, but after every reboot they are back again.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Please do not attach your logs. Copy/paste in your reply instead :).

==

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Post new HJT log.

Thanks for the advice, I managed to get the Malwarebytes to install and ran it in safe mode and also installed another program called Super Antispyware(on recommendation from a friend) and it all seems to be cleared up. Thanks again , please mark this as resolved.

Done :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.