i tried running vundo to help with some problems i was having with my computer, namely freezing, but now i can't even start up my computer without hitting the blue screen of death, even in safe mode, anyone know what i can do to fix this? Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i tried running vundo to help with some problems i was having with my computer, namely freezing, but now i can't even start up my computer without hitting the blue screen of death, even in safe mode, anyone know what i can do to fix this? Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by running vundo. Vundo is an infection not a program. If you were running Vundofix then that would mean you were trying to remove a vundo infection on the computer but how did you know the computer was infected with vundo.

There are any number of reasons a computer might freeze and many of them have nothing to do with infections. You could have too many programs running at one time, not enough memory or not enough remaining hard drive space.

One should never run specialized tools like that one unless you are certain the infection is present and are directed to do so by a helper in a forum really. What you should have run is something like MBA-M which would also remove vundo infections and many others but generally not key system files.
It sounds like maybe some key files were removed when you ran this program. You may need to do a reinstall.

Try hitting F8 like you're going into safemode and select "last good configuration". Hopefully that will correct whatever was changed.

try going into safemode using last known good then typing sfc /scannow into run

try going into safemode using last known good then typing sfc /scannow into run

This is actually the only thing that has permanently got rid of my vundo virus! Thanks :D!

Dan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.