I bought this new computer with Pentium4E 3.0GHz Prescott 1M Cache Asrock P4i65GV motherboard 512MB DDR400 RAM a couple of weeks ago but I encountered some problems. It runs slowly, and hotmail and some other programs such as Spybot S&D etc. don't run. I attach a HJT log. See if anybody can offer some helps.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 8:36:29 p.m., on 1/01/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022\shwicon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Download\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.nz/
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowIcon_The Company_MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022] "C:\Program Files\MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022\shwicon.exe" -t"The Company\MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I only see one thing, but this seems to be a pretty short log, was it done from Safe Mode? Have you fixed anything with Hijackthis already?

Close all windows, scan with HJT, and have it fix this entry:

O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll (file missing)

I only see one thing, but this seems to be a pretty short log, was it done from Safe Mode? Have you fixed anything with Hijackthis already?

Close all windows, scan with HJT, and have it fix this entry:

It was done from normal window and I have no idea why it is short. Only thing I know is that I have installed few application softwares.

Here is the new HJT log, pls see if anything else needs fixing.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 5:23:18 p.m., on 3/01/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022\shwicon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Download\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowIcon_The Company_MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022] "C:\Program Files\MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022\shwicon.exe" -t"The Company\MP3 Flash Drive Driver v2.08r022"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE

I don't see anything else bad in your log, but I don't see an antivirus program running either. Do you have one? If not, you need to get one ASAP! If you do, make sure it's enabled.

In addition, try (free) online scans from TrendMicro
http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/enterprise.htm
and Panda
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
as different programs can find different things.

Go to Windows Update and get all the Critical Updates for your system! If this is a new computer, it should have at least come with SP1 :confused:

Short log is good ;)

Most likely the driver for your flashdrive is slow. You shouldn't need one anyway on any version of Windows newer than Windows 98.

What are those 2 for? They LOOK harmless and probably are, maybe those are resource hogs?

Short log is good ;)

Most likely the driver for your flashdrive is slow. You shouldn't need one anyway on any version of Windows newer than Windows 98.

What are those 2 for? They LOOK harmless and probably are, maybe those are resource hogs?

Pls tell me how to find out if the items are good or bad.
Yes my flashdrive is a 2.0 one but the driver is not. Where can I get the usb 2.0 enhanced controller?

start
run
type: msconfig
click selective startup
unclick load startup items
click ok
restart

redo this every month

and for every body else

do the same!! it makes your computer like... 5X faster!

i need not say more

You can stop spamming these posts now please. Not everyone has Msconfig on their PC's either.
Not every program is listed in Msconfig. This goes for spy/malware too. The garbage remains on the PC too, so this is like putting a bandaid on a crack in a dam wall!
If you have nothing positive and helpful to provide in regards to the removal of the above, please do not post. :).

Those two entries
are related to Microsoft's language packs for complex characters (such as Japanese, Hebrew, etc).

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/tintsetp/
http://computercops.biz/startuplist-3868.html

Don't forget to get an antivirus program installed and get your Windows Updates :)

I'm still not sure why your computer seems to be running slow -- nothing in the log that would indicate a problem. Since whoever you bought it from didn't include the latest updates, I wonder if they installed the latest drivers for the motherboard and other devices. You may want to look into that possibility.

You can stop spamming these posts now please. Not everyone has Msconfig on their PC's either.
Not every program is listed in Msconfig. This goes for spy/malware too. The garbage remains on the PC too, so this is like putting a bandaid on a crack in a dam wall!
If you have nothing positive and helpful to provide in regards to the removal of the above, please do not post. :).

I have no idea where this comes from. I don't see it in my thread crunchie. Who is tomoliveri anyway?

Those two entries
are related to Microsoft's language packs for complex characters (such as Japanese, Hebrew, etc).

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/tintsetp/
http://computercops.biz/startuplist-3868.html

Don't forget to get an antivirus program installed and get your Windows Updates :)

I'm still not sure why your computer seems to be running slow -- nothing in the log that would indicate a problem. Since whoever you bought it from didn't include the latest updates, I wonder if they installed the latest drivers for the motherboard and other devices. You may want to look into that possibility.

Thanks dlh6213. I will get the windows update. BTW, the computer is running normally now.

I have no idea where this comes from. I don't see it in my thread crunchie. Who is tomoliveri anyway?

Tomoliveri was just a spammer that posted in your thread (as well as others); crunchie deleted his post.

Glad to hear your computer is working properly now! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.