Can someone please help. My daughter has a brand new hp netbook. Only 4 months old. When she turns it on now we get "lsass.exe - Application Error", and the text in the message box reads "The Application Failed to Initialize Properly (0Xc0000005) " We are left with a blue hp screen and the ability to use the curser but no windows. Nothing ever loads. I have no idea what to do.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Doesn't sound like a virus to me. Since the computer is so new it would still be under warranty. Try contacting HP Tech service. They generally will work very well with you to try to get things fixed and will do it online or on the phone.

Thanks! I will do that.

I talked to HP they think it is corrupt software and are going to repair it at no charge under the warranty. Thanks for your help jholland1964!

You are most welcome. It is always recommended when the problem is NOT virus related and the computer is brand new to contact the manufacturer.
Any time the computer is still under warranty always contact the manufacturer when the computer isn't working properly. This way you don't run the risk of voiding your warranty by doing incorrect repairs.
jholland1964....another Judy by the way!

You are most welcome.
I can say that it is not VIRUS , I had face this problem.
If notebook is in warranty then contact to customer care center.
Mainly there are 3 reason for this
1.Window became corrupt, So install again Window.
2. There may be a problem in RAM. So contact Manufacture or your customer care. THANKS.

You are most welcome.
I can say that it is not VIRUS , I had face this problem.
If notebook is in warranty then contact to customer care center.
Mainly there are 3 reason for this
1.Window became corrupt, So install again Window.
2. There may be a problem in RAM. So contact Manufacture or your customer care. THANKS.

Please look at post #4. The poster all ready has contacted the manufacturer and the computer will be fixed at no charge under warranty.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.