I have an Acer 5720 Travelmate Laptop. Recently ugraded my Vodafone E220 Datacard to the latest software. Whenever I connect to the Internet id drops the connection and try to connect to A-CONNECT ( bunkown to me). Somebody told me that it is a possible virus. But I have KASPERSKY Internet Security ( anti-virus loaded). HELP ! ! ! ! how can I delete/remove this virus.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I had the same problem an hour ago. You will find a file named "update.exe" in your profile directory.
- Disable LAN.
- End process "update.exe" from Task Manager.
- Delete the file "update.exe" from your profile directory.
- Delete all cookies and internet files from Internet Explorer.
- Delete all files in the temp directory of your profile.

It worked for me. The file was not created again. Iam currently using my internet connection normally.

it work but when i restart my pc, i have to do the same procedure again
do have any permanent solution to this problem?
thanks

it work but when i restart my pc, i have to do the same procedure again
do have any permanent solution to this problem?
thanks

- Open drive 'C'. Go to Tools -> Folder Options.
- Make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' is checked.
- Make sure 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)' is unchecked.
- Click OK.
- There must be a strange folder in Drive 'C'. I don't remember its name, but if you list the folder names here, i might know which one.
- This folder contains a sub-folder with the recycle bin icon. It's a folder, not a file. In the sub-folder, there's an executable file.
The folder, sub-folder, and the executable file must be deleted.
- If you can't delete them, restart your computer in Safe-Mode, then delete them.
Hope this works. I'm 90% sure it will work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.