I've installed nod32 anti virus 4 and after several days I uninstall it using "revo uninstaller" and restart the pc. When I take a look at the program files I saw the folder of eset and it contains incomplete files of the anti virus and when i take a look in the task manager the anti virus is running. May someone tell me how to completely remove the anti virus. I tried to use nod32 removal tool, i tried to reinstall it again but it do not allow me to do so because there is an error that appear. Thank you for anybody that will help.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

K, since no one posted I'll give an attempt to help you.

To REMOVE it. Go to Start>Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs. Find the anti-virus on the list there. Click remove, if that doesn't work...

To keep it from running go to start>run>msconfig then go to the startup tab, uncheck anything related to that program (so it doesn't open the program when you start your computer) then go on services tab, uncheck anything related to that program, reboot, go in task manager and see if the program is still running. This SHOULD keep it from running but it won't uninstall it. You should do that until you get further assistance from someone who can help you remove the program.

Download and run the ESET Removal Tool. Special note, This is an unofficial dutch language ESET removal tool but should work to remove the program regardless of language.

Before I've uninstall the anti virus there is a reminder not to uninstall it using add or remove program in the control panel. Now I try to take a look in the add or remove program or any uninstaller but I couldn't see the eset antivirus. I already use eset removal tool but still it doesn't work.

Before I've uninstall the anti virus there is a reminder not to uninstall it using add or remove program in the control panel. Now I try to take a look in the add or remove program or any uninstaller but I couldn't see the eset antivirus. I already use eset removal tool but still it doesn't work.

Did you FIRST follow ALL of these instructions from ESET

Click Start → All Programs → ESET → Uninstall. After you uninstall, you will need to restart your computer.
After restarting, confirm that you can see hidden files and folders by clicking Start → Control Panel → Folder Options → View and select the Show hidden files and folders option.
Click Start → My Computer and then navigate to and delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET

Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users must delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
C:\Program Data\ESET

They are very clear that all of the above instructions must be followed and if you did not then, no, the uninstall will not be complete.
Download and run a system scan and save the log with HiJackThis.
Post back here with that log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:24:51 PM, on 2/4/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda USB Vaccine\USBVaccine.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Favorites
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'Default user')
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1263736185187
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O21 - SSODL: luyOduAXSqm - {ECA201D7-4608-AB7D-C3E3-305EBFE703BD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qektx.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ESET HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: iolo FileInfoList Service (ioloFileInfoList) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: iolo System Service (ioloSystemService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe

--
End of file - 4680 bytes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want also to remove iolo leftover any suggestion?

Did you follow the instructions I posted for the removal of the ESET program?
Your computer is extremely infected. Please follow these steps exactly:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

REBOOT after running MBA-M!

Then run a NEW HiJackThis scan and save the log. Post back here with the MBA-M log and the HiJackThis log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:12:46 PM, on 2/7/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda USB Vaccine\USBVaccine.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Favorites
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'Default user')
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1263736185187
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O21 - SSODL: luyOduAXSqm - {ECA201D7-4608-AB7D-C3E3-305EBFE703BD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qektx.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: iolo FileInfoList Service (ioloFileInfoList) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: iolo System Service (ioloSystemService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe

--
End of file - 4485 bytes

I didn't ask for another HiJackThis scan and log I requested that you use MBA-M

in order to run the uninstall program must open the computer in safemode and then to use ESET Removal Tool.

"Then run a NEW HiJackThis scan and save the log. Post back here with the MBA-M log and the HiJackThis log. "

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3700
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

2/7/2010 7:03:51 PM
mbam-log-2010-02-07 (19-03-50).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|)
Objects scanned: 177920
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 21 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Thank you mad23e in works at last. My remaining problem is how will i remove iolo system mechanic?

Thank you mad23e in works at last. My remaining problem is how will i remove iolo system mechanic?

Found this on multiple sites:
his article applies to:
System Mechanic 7

A thorough uninstall is a manual removal of all dynamically created configuration data and other application-related information that may be left on the system following an automatic uninstall. This type of process is occasionally required when troubleshooting a corrupt installation or reinstalling a related product.

Before beginning the uninstall process, right-click the corresponding icons located within the Windows system tray to close the System Mechanic 7 Popup Blocker, System Guard, System Health alerts, and any scheduled maintenance programs.

Step 1. Uninstall System Mechanic 7

Uninstall System Mechanic 7 using the Add/Remove Program function in the Windows Control.
Panel and restart the computer as prompted.
Click the Windows Start button.
Click Run. (Vista users can access this through Programs>Accessories>Run)
In the Open: box, type “regedit”.
Click OK.
On the left, expand the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then expand Software.
Navigate to the Software\iolo\System Mechanic 7 folder.
Right-click on the System Mechanic 7 folder and select Delete.
Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
Close the Registry Editor.
On the Windows desktop, double-click on the My Computer icon.
Double-click on Local Disk (C:).
Navigate to Program Files\iolo\.
Right-click on the System Mechanic 7 folder and select Delete.
Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
Close all open windows and restart the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.