Hi there,

IE has been opening on its own. It continues opening until I go into task manager and close certain processes related to IE. While IE opens, it doesn't head to any homepage or anything. Another box opens asking me what I want to open the program with and only gives me the option of IE. To open other programs I have to right click and choose start in order to run the program on its own without it giving me the box to choose IE or another program.

When I try to get into certain things, such as 'Turn Windows Features on or Off' it tells me 'application not found.' This has also happened with system restore and a few other items.

When I attempt to receive any files or download anything it either won't complete the download or it will and then, again, tells me that the application is not found.

I also believe it is in my core files. I'm lost. Help?

Hi,

Scan ur pc for virus/spyware using Malwarebytes n fix the detected items. Reboot n check if this behaviour persists.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.