sometimes appear a message titled 'messenger service' sayin that my registry and other windows stuff are screwed up. it also says that i must enter some fake web pages (like www.regproscan.com, or www.regcleanser.com) if i want to fix the errors. how can i stop the annoyin messages?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hit start button then go into control panel, go into administrative tools. Double click on services. Scroll down & find messenger, Right click & choose properties. Hit stop. then where it says startup type change to disabled. apply.

Hit start button then go into control panel, go into administrative tools. Double click on services. Scroll down & find messenger, Right click & choose properties. Hit stop. then where it says startup type change to disabled. apply.

Thanks, that has stopped my problem too.

Though, won't the actual problem of the invasive 'ware still be there?

Mine started as soon as I first got connected to the net with a fresh reinstall... {yahoo.com specificly]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.