Okay, I to be honest I really don't know much about computer's just from watching others. So I need some answers to my problem, First of all I had Norton to keep my computer safe well, when I bought the computer I did know what it takes to actually keep your computer heathly, I was thinking it can't be that hard but it actually is. I have an HP pavalin desktop computer. Since I lost Norton I know have AVG it seems like my computer may have a virus I tried the scans and AVG tells me it's running good and no threats, but XoftSpy SE tells me different it is saying I have 217 threats and it shows me the leval of them. They all are low but one and that is mysearch.com. I really don't know what to believe my computer is not that slow but at times it will begin to give me problems like when I'm playing a game on facebook. I will try to see what files are unsafe for my computer and try to uninstall them but to be honest I don't know what is what. I honestly need some helpI need my computer looked at and cleaned for me cause I have no idea whats going on! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

XoftSpy SE is obviously Maleware. Delete it. Thats the virus.

Crunchie's link should put you on your way and give you some peace of mind that your computer is secure.

But regarding XoftSpySE, I wanted to address the 217 results not found elsewhere.

If these are low level threats, then they are probably just cookies. Cookies are essentially harmless, and are used by websites to keep track of who has visited their site, if they've visited before, and so on.

Even though cookies are safe, some consider them a privacy issue, or just like to clean them out periodically. For this reason, XoftSpySE includes them in scan results for removal. If you don't care about removing cookies, then you can just add them to the Ignore list.

Should you want some more information on this, please contact the ParetoLogic support team any time:

Thanks,

Kai
ParetoLogic

XoftSpy SE is obviously Maleware. Delete it. Thats the virus.

XoftSpy SE has a very poor reputation. But don't however just delete, this is not the correct way to uninstall a program.
Go to Add/Remove and UNINSTALL the program.

Then follow directions in the link that crunchie gave you and post back with the requested logs.

Could be Fe-maleware too :). Malware

hahaha good call!

and sorry i didn't emphasize on going to add/remove programs and uninstall, i just assumed that they would have enough knowledge to do that... my apologies for not going into detail on uninstalling.

But.. i was right yea? :)

hahaha good call!

and sorry i didn't emphasize on going to add/remove programs and uninstall, i just assumed that they would have enough knowledge to do that... my apologies for not going into detail on uninstalling.

But.. i was right yea? :)

Yes, you were right but you always need to be sure you don't tell somebody to delete a program...because they will and all that does is delete the short cut, the program remains. It was Installed so if you want to get rid of it then you have to Uninstall it.:)

commented: Good advice +1

I just bought new computer but I am confused what antivirus should I use to protect my computer from viruses.
what antivirus has a better protection?

I just bought new computer but I am confused what antivirus should I use to protect my computer from viruses.
what antivirus has a better protection?

You need to create your own thread rather than post your question within another person's thread.

ok...sorry

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.