hi guys, recently one of our workstation was hit by a virus. I had used malware bytes, avira and microsoft security essentials to remove the trojan virus.

But now the pc is working fine except that when the user visit those sites such as bank websites or other sites which uses java login. It will hang halfway.

And when I check the Task Manager it will show Internet Explorer not responding.

Any ideas how to get rid of these, the only thing i haven't try is to reboot in safe mode and do scanning.

But i'm afraid to reboot in safe mode because i encountered a situation before in which i started in safe mode virus scanner found nothing but after rebooting unable to go back to normal mode.

Any ideas guys aside from formatting, i'm hesitant to format because the workstation got a lot of software installed.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

For one thing, if you are running both Avira and Microsoft Security Essentials this means you have TWO anti-virus programs on your computer and that is a big "no-no". Absolute rule is ONE anti-virus program on the computer.
Otherwise we can't really tell you much until you complete the steps given in the Read Me First sticky and post the copy/pastes of all the logs. We can better tell you then what to do to try to correct the problems.

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

For one thing, if you are running both Avira and Microsoft Security Essentials this means you have TWO anti-virus programs on your computer and that is a big "no-no". Absolute rule is ONE anti-virus program on the computer.
Otherwise we can't really tell you much until you complete the steps given in the Read Me First sticky and post the copy/pastes of all the logs. We can better tell you then what to do to try to correct the problems.

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

Hi jholland1964, I removed avira, before i install Microsoft Security Essentials. anyway i will try those on the link that you posted.
Thanks.

What was the name of the infection removed? Do you have the MBA-M logs from that removal? Look in the program under the logs tab. Copy/paste that log here. It might help if we knew what that infection was.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.