this keeps popping up in a separate tabe in Google Chrome.
Yesterday, it had a cartoon picture of a curvaceous woman with brown skin and blond hair whose teeth were being extracted with a pliers. Underneath the pliers was the caption: "Belief"

Edited by happygeek: i have removed the url to prevent other members being infected

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Jessica_4

Looks like a phishing attempt - since it keeps popping up in Chrome, it is likely a virus you already contracted that is causing the popups. You can try disabling popups in Chrome (not hard to do), but I suspect that the malware already on your system will block that... Have you run at least 2 different anti-virus scanners on your system? What A/V are you currently using?

iv been haveing the same problem for quite some time. Same thing happening only diffrent ad's or the ad's will change. Iv done every v/s though avast and have done it frequently. avast dose not delet malwear so i did a seperet test just for that and detected alot. After getting rid of the malwear i thought that would solve the problem but guess whats back up on my computer... yepp same stuff. Oh and every once in a while it will pull up an add in internet exsloper as well. even though i dont use that browser often. Now my question is... has this been link to a certin type of file or virus? Is there any known possible way of hunting this down and stoping it other then what iv already done? I do want to mention that this has been happening for a few months now and my computer is still running fine and as fast as the first day i bought it. so i dont feel its a BIG threat. Just really annoying.

Thank you, Rubberman. Jessica 4 - glad to know i'm not alone with this problem. I have only been running Microsoft Anti-virus. will try a few other anti-virus scanners and see if they can get rid of it. again thanks for your help.

I just updated my avast anti virus and downloaded malwarebytes Anti-malware 1.7. did this about 2 days ago and i havent had that problem again since. and it use to be a dayly pop up. Google the anti-malware and try that. Iv had popups disabled in chrome and it still happened. so hopefully this dose the trick for you as it did for me.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.