i installed etrust pestpatrol a while back.. and i didnt want it anymore. so i uninstalled it, and then when i start my comp up i keep gettin a system pop up.. from etrust.. sayin

.. Error Database Init failed(error 1:C:\Documents and settings\owner\core\ppinfo.dat does not exist!)

even if i press ok.. it pops back up in 5 secs.. i even searched my comp for any etrust pestpatrol files and there is a folder type but it wont let me delte it. Does anyone know how do i remove this fromt he computer

help will be appreciated

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So does this file exist or not.
C:\Documents and settings\owner\core\ppinfo.dat

If it does reboot to safe mode by tapping F8 during start up and delete it.
That should solve the problem.

So does this file exist or not.
C:\Documents and settings\owner\core\ppinfo.dat

If it does reboot to safe mode by tapping F8 during start up and delete it.
That should solve the problem.

That probably won't do it. The ppinfo.dat is being called by another component of the program, so it's that component (and its startup entry) which needs to be located and removed.

racecar22,

We may be able to spot the culprit in a HijackThis log; please do the following:

Download the (free) HijackThis utility. Once downloaded, follow these instructions to install and run the program:

Create a folder for HJT outside of any Temp/Temporary folders and move the HijackThis.exe file to that folder now. A folder such such as C:\HijackThis or C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis will do.

Run HijackThis, but do not have HJT fix anything yet; only have it scan your system! Once the scan is complete, the "Scan" button will turn into an option to "Save log...".
Save the log in the folder you created for HijackThis; the saved file will be named "hijackthis.log". Open the log file with Windows Notepad, and cut-n-paste the entire contents of the Notepad file here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.