sorry about posting my log on that other thread...im new to this game. Here is my log on a fresh thread. I appologize for the inconvienience.
I ran everything caperjack said. I really appreciate all the help that is given.

Thanks,
Rico

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 1:13:26 AM, on 5/31/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchosd.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://yellow-pages.ws/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
F0 - system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe svchosd.exe
F1 - win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\system32\services\wmplayer.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe svchosd.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp3\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [win32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\win32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mswspl] C:\WINDOWS\sb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Aplune Service] svchosd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.flingstone.com
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...ash/swflash.cab

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

sorry about posting my log on that other thread...im new to this game...I appologize for the inconvienience.

Thanks for understanding :)

If IE is open, close it. Rerun HJT and have it fix the following:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://yellow-pages.ws/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
F0 - system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe svchosd.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe svchosd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [win32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\win32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mswspl] C:\WINDOWS\sb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Aplune Service] svchosd.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.flingstone.com

Also- you should download and run the other spyware tools listed in my sig below; they'll detect and remove a lot of the "nasties".

just read wat i wrote in "(about::blank, search for...)firsttimeposter" it is a simple workaround that i know many people wouldnt mind using

just read what i wrote in "(about::blank, search for...)firsttimeposter" it is a simple workaround that i know many people wouldnt mind using

As was responded in that other thread, you suggestion of using FireFox is a good one to not have to deal with this stuff, but you still need to deal with the other browser's issue-- that it has been infected by something, and needs to be handled, for the sake of system security.

As was responded in that other thread, you suggestion of using FireFox is a good one to not have to deal with this stuff, but you still need to deal with the other browser's issue-- that it has been infected by something, and needs to be handled, for the sake of system security.

True- and unfortunately, Windows users will still need to have Internet Exploder available and functioning, if for nothing else but the simple fact that Windows Update will not work with any other browser. :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.