Hello.. Can anyone tip me about a free anti-virus program that is better than AVG? People I know say that AVG is the best you can find for free, but I disagree, since it didn't find all viruses on my computer (I ran an online virus scan and it found two viruses that AVG didn't). But what do I know.. =P
What do you think?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Jonnas_tan

Hello.. Can anyone tip me about a free anti-virus program that is better than AVG? People I know say that AVG is the best you can find for free, but I disagree, since it didn't find all viruses on my computer (I ran an online virus scan and it found two viruses that AVG didn't). But what do I know.. =P
What do you think?

I use avast4 which is pretty good.]

My honest opinion of any security software is that you should always mix and match free security systems that each do a different task rather than using one complete setup.

I have found that when using AVG it's kind of something that is a bit bulky and just seems to slow down the load time of your computer and also during usage.

Practically AVG does it's job but for the more secuirty wise, I can sincerely say there is way more better solutions than AVG.

Some of these include Avast and also Avira AntiVirus. Both of those do a better job than what AVG appears to do.

Out of those two I would certainly select Avira due to it's light weight functionality.

This is my short opinion on something that's better than AVG.

Mark

My honest opinion of any security software is that you should always mix and match free security systems that each do a different task rather than using one complete setup.

I have found that when using AVG it's kind of something that is a bit bulky and just seems to slow down the load time of your computer and also during usage.

Practically AVG does it's job but for the more secuirty wise, I can sincerely say there is way more better solutions than AVG.

Some of these include Avast and also Avira AntiVirus. Both of those do a better job than what AVG appears to do.

Out of those two I would certainly select Avira due to it's light weight functionality.

This is my short opinion on something that's better than AVG.

Mark

Yeah there is! I can not recommend free stuff. All I can recommend is Bitdefender IS 2010, what I currently have installed:)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.