Whenever I scan my system using the spybot search and destroy utility, I always get, with every scan exactly five DSO exploits

Every time, I click the check box and every time it tells me it has successfully corrected the problem.

Yet like I said before, scanning my system with spybot always brings back another five DSO exploits which are probably the same that I supposedly just got rid of.

Any advice?

Also a question involving the copyright conflict between the Bullet Proof Soft Adware Remover, and Spybot Search and Destroy.

When initially installed Spybot Search and destroy it prompted me to remove BPS Spyware remover as they had allegedly violated copy right laws. Now obviously I dont WANT to get rid of BPS for two very important reasons

-It picks up on ALLOT of spyware components, more then Lavasoft Adaware and Spoybot put together
-I recently purchased the software and its a fully functional version

Is there anything else other then copyright laws I should know about between these two programs? Could BPS possibly be a farce that actually draws in spyware then supposedly fixing any? Just wondering if I got taken

-Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
-Console Manufacturer: COMPAQ
-Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000 Processor
-RAM: 512mb 2700
-Harddrive: 160GB (7200 RPM) Ultra DMA Hard drive

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

BPS= http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

If all of your Microsoft updates are up-to-date, then you have no problems regarding the DSO exploit. It is a known bug in Spybot that is yet to be remedied. Set Spybot to ignore it.

BPS= http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

If all of your Microsoft updates are up-to-date, then you have no problems regarding the DSO exploit. It is a known bug in Spybot that is yet to be remedied. Set Spybot to ignore it.

Oh wow, thats shocking how many claimed applications actually install spyware rather then remove it

very corrupt and unfair :mad:

There are some very unscrupulous ppl on the internet. But there are some nice one's too :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.