I have few questions which are annoying me a lot.As i'm from windows background,swithicng to linux let me with these questions:
1) Is there any thing like registry in linux? Where linux stores such information?
2) When application is uninstalled in linux,all the values and files related to applications are removed or remains ?
3) Where can i find information about startup programs?How can i edit entries of startup programs?
4) Year after another when we use the size of the drive keeeps increaing no matter what you do.even if you install some program very few space is released from the disk.Is there some situation in linux. Also many entries are remains in windows even if you uninstall the application.This makes windows unusable day by day.
5) is there any utility To find and correct many types of errors on hard disk (Like Scandisk In Windows OS)?
6) is there any utlity To Maintain Disk using defragmentation Tool (Disk Defragmenter In Win) ?
7) any utlity To Clean up the Disk space With garbage files like Temporary Internet Files,Trash,Temp Files,Downlaoded Cookies/internet files etc.(Disk Cleanup In Win) ?
8) Is there any possibility that I can disable some services that I do not require? (like services in adminstrative tools in window)
9) Is there any tool that shows the process (Inclusing hidden) that are currently running or started ? (Not like the one in windows task manager but one we get with tool Hijackthis for secuirty purpose)
There may be more to look for but i think most of the users will find these questions while migrating to linux..Hope these are legimate question that can be asked over forums.
Please do take time for answering these questions.
Thanks for help in advacne.