As the title says, I have been having a problem regarding my web browsers for the past 4 days.

My computer is connecting to the internet fine, I am able to use all of my applications such as MSN, Steam and the ITunes store perfectley, however whenever I open a web browser (Firefox or IE) the page simply loads blank.

The day this happened I tried:

Rebooting my modem/router
Disabling all antivirus programmes and firewalls
Ran scans for spyware and viruses

None of these things helped my situation in any way, so I decided to use system restore to revert my registry files back to the last good back up (one week ago). This was successful, after the system restore had finished and I logged back into Windows, I was able to browse the web perfectley.

However, when I started my computer up the following day, the same issue occoured again and I was forced to do another system restore.

So what I would like to know is why is this happening? What is happening (I assume a registry file is being changed)? And what can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Hawky

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sillyboy

Welcome to the site :)

Make sure "Work offline" is not checked in IE or FF (Under the file menu)

Sounds like it could be that.....

Good luck :)

it is probably caused by a windows update. change the settings so that windows will ask you before it installs any updates and then you should be able to determine the cause.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.