TELinux46 0 Newbie Poster

I know that Distrowatch.com is a place where people can find all the information they could need or want about all the "flavors" of Linux but I am referring to a marketing effort. If Linux is ever to make it onto the desktop of more people than just those who like to "play" with it and into homes or businesses, there needs to be some sort of organized marketing going on.

I am not sure the community is quite that cooperative with each other on that front though. I have read many posts flaming each others distribution and what I am suggesting may not be possible unless one of the older, more experienced distribution communities gets together. Possibly Slackware or Debian since they have been around the longest. Linus himself could get the Linux Foundation to look into it as well, but if Linux as an operating system is going to survive our community will have to get into the business of marketing it.

I am not a business major, just enthusiastic about the operating system that I prefer. I hope that someone will come forward and get Linux out there without the "help" of Microsoft so there won't be a "slave" relationship to them.