frida.kiriakos 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everyone,

i am having these problems for almost 3 days, i am trying to add a keyboard layout using gconftool-2, when i execute the commands i dont have any problem, the commands are:
#gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults -s /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd/layouts -t list --list-type string '[us,ara]'

#gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults -s /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd/options -t list --list-type string '[altwin altwin:super_win,grp_led grp_led:scroll,grp grp:alt_shift_toggle,terminate terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp]'

but the layout its not working, when i want to change between layouts.
if i try to run:

#gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd/layouts

i get this error message: Failed to get value for `/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd/layouts': Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

i tried many things and looked over the internet i didnt find any answers

if i run "gnome-terminal" command i get these error messages: ** (gnome-terminal:3095): WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

Failed to get the session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Falling back to non-factory mode.
Failed to summon the GConf demon; exiting. Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

could use help
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.