RobotFX 0 Junior Poster in Training

So, I have Wordpress and Buddypress the latest installed and also other plugins and, on the same server, an osdate script. The osdate can upload files of any kind, with no problem. both have no restriction in the htaccess file, they use the same php.ini etc.
However, every time I try to upload a file to Wordpress, from the admin or from the Buddypress (has a photo album plugin), or change the avatar, the site crashes. Actually, it doesn't exactly crashes, since the pictures are uploaded succesfully, but for aprox. 10 minutes I can't access anything - the other domain, also.
Is like the server blocks my access for a while. After that, I browse to Wordpress and the pictures are there, uploaded fine (?!)
I do not have restrict time, memory or CPU limits, like I've said, bigger files can be uploaded using the other domain (the osdate script), using the same server configuration. But I guess it must be somewhere on the server side, since only Wp doesn't work.
I've checked the logs, Apache, php, fail2ban, denyhosts and mysql, there's nothing about restricting me for these 10 minutes.
I don't know what else to try. I've tried increasing the php limits to the maximum, disabling the security stuff like fail2ban, nothing seems to work.
And, again, confusing me more is the fact that the pictures are still loaded, though the server gets inaccessible for me.

Please give me another point to start; any suggestion is welcomed, I'm really at the end here. Have no idea what else to try.
Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.