Having been encouraged that it is possible to install Mandriva on my HP Mini, presently running Windows 7 Starter, I set about doing it. The Mandriva I am installing is a Live Install, off the original Mandriva on a USB stick. Things seem to be going OK until I reach the partitioning portion. Here I elected to have it install on the free space left by Windows. So it went off and started doing its thing and came back with the following:

"Partitioning failed:raw_add: partition table already full."

Whatever all that means. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

That probably means that there are no available partitions left. The standard partition table only has room for 4 primary partitions. Windows and the recovery partition take two of those. Please boot into the LiveUSB device, log into the GUI as root, start up a terminal/console window, and execute this command, posting output here: fdisk -l
That is a dash ell, not dash one as the argument to the fdisk command.

You better use Gparted and make one extended partition. Extended partiton can have more partition on it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.