Hi guys, i have been having trouble installing MAC osx Lion or any other mac.

This is my computer specs:
Asus P8P67 LE
Intel i5 2500 3.3Ghz
NVida GTX 460 1gb
8gb RAM (4 x 2gb) 1333mhz Kingston

I was wondering you guys could let me know step by step on how to install mac on my pc. Like what boot software i need and what i need to set the bios up to. And everything. This would be awesome.

Or even guys just let me know how to install Mac OS X 10.6.3!! That would be great!!

"This is for testing purposes, not for main use of computer"

Thanks,
Marais

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

You want to install Mac osx lion on a windows platform. What do you want to install on, a windows pc or windows laptop or others. i am getting confused by what you ask. What you are doing i am not sure whether it is consider legal because most case is windows install on mac platform.

ohk, never mind. I did not know whether its legal or not. I was just trying to test mac out. I want to buy the mac computer but not sure about the operating system. So i wanted to install mac osx 10.6.7 on my pc on something like dual boot.

Thanks anyways,
Marais

If you previous have a mac you can install windows on it. Like what you said dual boot. Boot camp and parallel desktop are softwares that can help you dual boot but this case is for installing windows on mac not installing mac on windows. Mac has permission to allow windows installation on it but windows does not have. If you want to have mac on windows, i think i can suggest some solutions. What is your windows operating system? i need to know that.

Try these two links:

<links removed>

Hope it helps and good luck. Are you a student because i am one too.;)

I have Windows 7 64bit, thanks for those links.. Yup i am a student! :D

Have you follow the instructions on those links. Tell me whether it works. Good luck, hope yo hear from you soon.

Yup tried those links i installed, but now i cant boot, i tried a boot loader, but now its saying EBIOS Read Error: Device Timeout. And also saying dmi table entries list is full.. Do you know how this could be fixed. Have you sinatlled mac on a pc before?

Thanks,
Marais

First nope. i have never install mac on windows but i have windows install on my mac, so i can dual boot anythime i want. Back to your problem, have you follow the instructions in the link carefully? There are two links, tell me which one you follow? What do you mean by you cannot boot. Have you try booting in safe mode?

Watch this video on how to install mac on windows. Here. This is the only video i can find for you

commented: Try harder then +0

Considering Lion isn't even out yet, I think 10.6.7 is your best bet. I'm not sure why you'd want to install Mac on a PC, there are plenty of older Macs you can pick up for cheap, especially with the next hardware bump right around the corner.

So then could you please just help me out, can you please tell me how i would go about installing Mac OS X 10.6.7 on my pc... I have tried several tuts and links. THe liks that the older post person gave me dont work either. Could you please tell me how it works and how to do it.

Thanks,
Marais

So then could you please just help me out, can you please tell me how i would go about installing Mac OS X 10.6.7 on my pc... I have tried several tuts and links. THe liks that the older post person gave me dont work either. Could you please tell me how it works and how to do it.

Thanks,
Marais

If you want that you could have said so earlier. Most people install windows on their mac ( like mine ) not installed mac on windows, that's why i have no prior experience to help you in that. To install windows on mac you have to get a windows installation disk first.

This is illegal to do and against daniweb rules to give advice on.
Your last link was about installing Windows on a Mac not what the OP asked.

commented: I know that, if you read my first few post i am hesitating to help the OP -2

You want to install Mac osx lion on a windows platform. What do you want to install on, a windows pc or windows laptop or others. i am getting confused by what you ask. What you are doing i am not sure whether it is consider legal because most case is windows install on mac platform.

See what i mean Danarchy. And did you read what the original poster want now, he wants to install windows on mac that is why i gave him the link to tell him how to install windows on mac, since installing mac on windows is difficult and illegal. Please read all the post before you post, Danarchy.:angry:

See what i mean Danarchy. And did you read what the original poster want now, he wants to install windows on mac that is why i gave him the link to tell him how to install windows on mac, since installing mac on windows is difficult and illegal. Please read all the post before you post, Danarchy.:angry:

I did read all and she is still asking the same thing. To put OSX on her Windows machine.

Thanks.

For the record, installing Mac OS on any hardware other than that provided by Apple is against the EULA, and thus against Daniweb's rules for discussion. This includes emulators.

Please refrain from offering help in installing Mac OS on non-Apple hardware, and it would be helpful if questions asking how to do so are reported so that the moderators can deal with them appropriately.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.