Hi all,

I have a problem with a computer, it has a pirated version of windows installed but apparently the D: drive is intact with Compaq's recovery stuff. But I have tried many things already and nothing gets me to the recovery partition as I want to restore it and get rid of the pirated windows that works poorly. How that pirate copy got there? Long story and the person responsible is gone with the wind. I have tried the following things trying to get to it:

-I have tried tapping about every effin' F AND the "Esc" key on the keyboard and I either go to the safe mode option menu etc. Or it takes me to bios.

-There it no option to set the D: drive as default boot in bios.

-Tried CPQS on command prompt but no result.

-When tried the disk manager, the option to make the recovery partition "Active" was not available to click on. It was there but... you know, when it's there but you can't click it.

What else can I do?

Thank you for your help!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

On the older series, please try F11 during boot.

On the older series, please try F11 during boot.

I tried it already, all the F's to be more exact. Also I read about alt+F11 and alt+F10 and eventually tried all the F keys but none worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.