Hi,

I want to know how kernal communicates with the Linux operating system in terms of it's roles such as Interrupt Handler, Scheduler, Manager and Supervisor.

Kindly assist.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hey, I saw those websites but I didn't get the answer.

Thanks though..

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

BTW Linux *is* kernel!

Linux is kernel. It does all that stuff. Maybe you mean different distributions of Linux? I advise you read the book The Linux Porgrammer's Toolbox by John Fusco. It has a big section about Linux kernel and how it operates. It is impossible to cover all the aspects of it in one book, and it is definitively impossible to fit in one post on a forum :)

@sergent

Definitely! Linux is essentially a Unix operating system - not a subject to cover in short snippets. More a series of graduate-level courses I think...

Well, maybe not graduate-level courses, (I am only 14) but it requires reading lots of books.

Well, maybe not graduate-level courses, (I am only 14) but it requires reading lots of books.

:-) Well, I for one don't assume that age (or lack thereof) means one cannot understand this stuff. My 16 year old grandson was writing Linux kernel modules at your age, and he is now designing auto-piloting custom-built drone aircraft and helicopters, guided by an embedded system and gps. At 8 he rewired his mom's FM radio so he could use his toy walkietalkie to call her from the back yard! "Hey mom, can you bring me some lemonade?".

FWIW, his aircraft work very well. Mostly he flies them with RC gear, but if they lose contact with the base station, they use the GPS and embedded software to return to base and land without human interaction!

commented: cool +4

:-) Well, I for one don't assume that age (or lack thereof) means one cannot understand this stuff. My 16 year old grandson was writing Linux kernel modules at your age, and he is now designing auto-piloting custom-built drone aircraft and helicopters, guided by an embedded system and gps. At 8 he rewired his mom's FM radio so he could use his toy walkietalkie to call her from the back yard! "Hey mom, can you bring me some lemonade?".
FWIW, his aircraft work very well. Mostly he flies them with RC gear, but if they lose contact with the base station, they use the GPS and embedded software to return to base and land without human interaction!

Great son!
but i still think this forum isn't one for personal family issues.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.