Hi guys,

I want to put some subdomain.mydomain.com in another server

i understand in current server, in WHM > Edit DNS Zone > mydomain.com > i just need to add A record like
subdomain A 222.222.222.222(another server IP)

before that, i need to set the another server first, so i want to order a reseller hosting for the another server.
My question is what domain i need to put in the order form? Is it ok still put mydomain.com?

Because i tried put subdomain.mydomain.com but its says not valid domain. Its standart hosting order form, using WHMCS

and what nameserver i need to use in the another server WHM later > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup > Nameservers, is it still ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com like current server use? Where i need to create the nameserver for the another server?

please help, this should be easy if you have done it before

Is it ok still put mydomain.com?

No, you need to specify the sub-domain.

Because i tried put subdomain.mydomain.com but its says not valid domain.

The process is going to be dependent on your provider. This is not a limitation of a web server or DNS. Maybe they are checking to see if the domain name exists. You can go ahead and create a sub-domain in your DNS management ahead of time if you have the IP address you are going to point to.

and what nameserver i need to use in the another server WHM later > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup > Nameservers, is it still ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com like current server use?

That depends on where you plan on hosting the subdomain information. You can keep it all together in one zone, or you can split it by providing the NS records on where you plan on hosting the DNS zone. That is up to you. Generally, in DNS, you split the zones because of a few reasons, one being that different groups manage different parts of the namespace. However, if you or a single group is managing both the parent and subdomain, there really is no reason to split it between name servers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.