lewashby 56 Junior Poster

I'm currently building a headless Debian NFS media server and I'm doing most of my testing on my desktop. My cliant streaming device will by my "WD TV Live' TV streamer because it can read a Linux NFS network, I hate Samba. One of my problems is that the TV live will, via the internet, fetch the cover art for each movie title in my library but in order to do that it needs write access. I don't like the idea of giving my TV Live write access to my library for a number of reasons. My solution was to give the TV Live write access to one directory but store my movies in another. I then wrote a script in bash to read each file RO movies directory and create a link to it in my RW TV Live directory. My script worked and I can play the movies but for whatever reason my TV Live still can't write to the directory that I gave it write access to, both through NFS as well as through ext4 permissions. Here is the message I get when I try to fetch the meta data and cover art for each title
-> Unable to create media library. The selected source is configured ad Read-Only which prevents the WD TV from saving the media library.

Here is is the permissions to the library I'm sharing.
drwxrwxrwx 2 garrett garrett 4096 Jan 14 10:08 Videos1

And here is my /etc/exports file

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#        to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
#
# Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:
# /srv/homes       hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
# /srv/nfs4        gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
#/home/garrett/Videos * (ro,async,subtree_check)
/home/garrett/VideoTest/Videos1 * (rw,async,subtree_check)

And just in case you wanted to see here's my script

#!/bin/bash

SOURCEPATH="/home/garrett/VideoTest/Videos2/"
TARGETPATH="/home/garrett/VideoTest/Videos1/"

cd ${SOURCEPATH}
ls *mkv | while read LSRESULTS
do
    cd ${TARGETPATH}
    if [ ! -a "${LSRESULTS}" ]; then
        ln "${SOURCEPATH}${LSRESULTS}" "${TARGETPATH}${LSRESULTS}"
    fi
done