Hi

We are planning for Heroku Platform migration...How to estimare dynos required for the application...?

Contributors
Replies
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rubberman

We work for Marketing Customer facing application ... Heroku is chosen as platform to migrate...application is Java & Spring based and I see its one of the supported language/platform in Heroku....As we moving to Agile methodology, we see ready to use platform will ease things...& we can just focus on the application...But what could be some advantages & disadvantages of Heroku in the long run...

Edited by skanagaraju

Good question that I can't answer since I haven't used it. I understand that Heroku is based upon a Debian/Ubuntu distribution however. There is a lot of useful information on their web site and the documentation seems pretty thorough to me.

Disadvantages: would mostly be whether or not it will survive in the "long" term - long being relative in the Internet era.

Advantages: it was purchased by Salesforce.com in 2010, so that may be a good sign.

Go to www.heroku.com for full information.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.