I'm looking for software that will allow someone at one end to talk into a camera and stream to a Raspberry Pi on the other end. It's going to be a prop for a live action role play game I'm running for later in the year and I'd like to get a jump on figuring out what I'll need.

It's literally going to be a "mirror mirror on the wall" type thing. I'll have a laptop/camera or other setup which will allow the person in the mirror to talk to the players through the rasp pi, and a router which will allow the two devices to connect, but there will be no Internet connectivity since the location is remote.

If anyone knows of a cheap or free software that would work, please let me know. I did a little looking and couldn't find anything definitive without actually testing it.

Contributors
Views
3 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by rproffitt

So video calls? https://www.google.com/search?q=video+conferencing+raspberry+pi seems to note projects that have been kicking around for 4 or more years. My bet is you'll have to tailor such to your exact needs but that's what you as a programmer or one of your team members gets to do.

Don't get me wrong here. Once in a while folk want a ready to use solutuon. Maybe one of these will work but given all the work done so far it doesn't seem to be a stretch to get what you want with little to no programming effort. But there again I am running into non-programming that want such ready to use. For that you add team members with the skills or hire the work out.

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.