My Java Sir told me to install MySQL-server, workbench, and connector. I did that somehow after spending 30+ hours reading different posts.

After launching Workbench, I went to Tools > Start Shell for MySQL Utilities. Which gave me this popup: https://imgur.com/GQvHKsI

Pressing Download option redirected me to this website: https://imgur.com/ETr2nrY

After installing this package, whenever I run: sudo apt autoremove, I get this error:

pranav@inspiron-5548:~$ sudo apt autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  mysql-connector-python
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 1,362 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 216575 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing mysql-connector-python (8.0.16-1ubuntu19.04) ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.sysconfig'
dpkg: error processing package mysql-connector-python (--remove):
 installed mysql-connector-python package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 mysql-connector-python
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

So, I thought I should uninstall this, and I used sudo apt-get remove --purge mysql-connector-python command, but it also didn't work, and it throws me the same error as above.

What to do? I am in limbo here! Since any new development done in "mysql-utilities" is aged back to Jan 17, 2017, I don't think I will be needing this anymore. I did the mistake trying to install old archived deb package. (newbie)

IF u know, how to remove it, what is it, it would be really helpful to tell me about it.

Normally, sudo apt autoremove should have worked but in this case, I used this command to the solved issue:

sudo mv /var/lib/dpkg/info/mysql-connector-python*/tmp

After using the above command, use sudo apt autoremove again and that will solve everything.
For more details about this issue, visit this site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.