Hi, recently i have changed my graphics cards from 2 7800gtx's to 2 7900gt's (this was due to 1 7800 braking then xfx sending me 2 new 7900's as replacements.) My computer runs fine when i only have 1 7900gt enabled however when i go to enable it from the nvidia options the screen goes black then after about 2 minutes it restarts itself then ends up in an infinite loop as it gets the the windows start-up screen on the reboot then reboots, again and again at this same stage. The only way i can get out of this loop is to run the computer in safe mode then disable sli so that i am inly using 1 7900gt again, at this stage it works properly again, booting fine etc.. I know that my problem lies with enabling sli however i do not know how to solve this as i do need to use sli. I have tried to reinstall the drivers 3 times but every time the same error occurs when i enable SLI. If you have any ideas on how i can solve this/fix it it would be much appreciated :cheesy:

thanks

Contributors
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by blud

Which drivers are you currently using? Several of the new nvidia drivers have been generating errors on both windows and linux lately.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.