4. How the hell do I install programs.

Please help a linux newbie. :sad:

You shoulda chose PCLinuxOS mate.

1. Can't get my dvds to work.
2. Can't get my speakers to work.
3. Can't get my mp3, wma etc to work.

Ok, first off just stop right there. You're not a linux noob, you're a computer noob. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you're killing me. First, you're not even telling us what machine you're using, or the hardware, you're overwhelming with problems, and can't seem to figure anything out. Take a deep breath....WUSAHHHH..... Now, first, what kind of machine are you running this on, and what version of linux are you running? And you install programs using the accessories menu, all the way at the bottom, you'll see add/remove.

P.S. Hope you duel booted, noob.

1. Can't get my dvds to work.
2. Can't get my speakers to work.
3. Can't get my mp3, wma etc to work.

OK HOPE THIS WILL HELP, YOU CAN GET ULTIMATE EDITION OF UBUNTU http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition-2-3/ IT COMES WITH PRE INSTALLED SOFTWARE, BASICLY ALL THING YOU NEED.

or all there are number of free software that you can download just go to System/Administration/Synaptic Pakage Manager there just enter what you need and i am sure you will get what you need.

Good luck

Desktop effects could not be enabled
I need asolution for this problem

Desktop effects could not be enabled
I need asolution for this problem

If you want a solution for your problem start your own thread and post a better description, for example post your operating system, graphic card spec etc...

I suspect you dont have the graphics drivers installed.

How can i know that my graphics card is installed or not,please?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.