I am trying to run a program in wine, and I need it to recognize my flash-drive's existance. Any help would be appreciated.

I did set e:: -> /dev/sda1 a couple of times, I also tried mounting it and e:: -> /media/usb-disk but to no avail. Once again, any help at all would be highly appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by FireSBurnsmuP

I am trying to run a program in wine, and I need it to recognize my flash-drive's existance. Any help would be appreciated.

I did set e:: -> /dev/sda1 a couple of times, I also tried mounting it and e:: -> /media/usb-disk but to no avail. Once again, any help at all would be highly appreciated.

What version of wine are you using?

Does autodetect in winecfg work?

in the wine config program there is a bit where you tell it what linux dirs correspond to what virtual windows dirs

Well, it turns out that since it was searching for a "U3 SmartDrive," wine would be unable to carry out that particular kind of emulation; wine doesn't so much do drivers. (I went on IRC to find out)

Oh, well, that U3 launcher is annoying as hell anyways.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.