right were do i start, on my mac i book it as 0s9 and 0sx i swithched to osx and nothing works, no applications work, i heard you can switch back on start up does anybody know how and if so could you please tell me my mac is redundant at the moment thank you paulandvonn :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Unless your OS X and OS 9 installs are on different partitions, you can only boot into OS X from OS 9 by holding down X at boot (no, holding down 9 at boot will not boot you into OS 9). If they are on different partitions, hold down Option at boot and choose the startup volume you want to boot from. If you can get to System Preferences and the Startup Disk preference pane, you can choose your OS 9 isntallation to boot from, otherwise, you have to boot from an OS 9 CD and choose your OS 9 startup Folder as the boot folder.

Hello,

I am curious by the expression that "nothing works". Is this sudden? Brand new computer out of the box? Purchased from a friend?

I'd like to help you repair your OS X installation.

Christian

right were do i start, on my mac i book it as 0s9 and 0sx i swithched to osx and nothing works, no applications work, i heard you can switch back on start up does anybody know how and if so could you please tell me my mac is redundant at the moment thank you paulandvonn :cry:

Hold down the "option" key while it's booting (hold they key down until you see the blue screen), and a screen will come up showing you what bootable systems are available. OS X and Classic have separate icons. Click on the one you want, then click on the arrow button.

You can also search for info about Open Firmware Mode, but that's pretty arcane stuff; the boot screen is easier.

As someone else has asked: what problems are you having with OS X? What Mac is it?

Warren.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.