i tried all the ways to eject my dvd, the disc spins but does not eject. the icon that indicates that the dvd is in is no longer on the desktop. i have osx and powerbookg4. what can i do short of opening the casing of my computer and if so how do i do that?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Is it a tray loading (like on a normal pc) or slot laoding (like a car stereo) drive?

If its tray loading you stick a unfolded paperclip into the small hole on the front of the drive and push - the drive should pop out enough for you to open it

Is it a tray loading (like on a normal pc) or slot laoding (like a car stereo) drive?

If its tray loading you stick a unfolded paperclip into the small hole on the front of the drive and push - the drive should pop out enough for you to open it

it is like a car stereo, there arer no small holes for any paperclips

Restart your computer and hold down mouse while starting or if trackpad hold down ctrl key and hold click-works a treat happy xmas

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.