Hello,
I keep getting these warning messages in the details of the repaired permissions text whenever I run repair, which is often.

Kind of worries me as I've never seen a warning in repair permissions. But I just switched to a new machine that came with Leopard.

Mac Mini 1.83GHz core 2 duo 2GB RAM
See2Xtreme external USB video card for expanded desktop (with which I'm not real happy as they haven't gotten it to support both monitors to be in portrait mode yet)
19" Acer WS 22" Acer WS

Thanks for your attention and any ideas as to these warnings.
They are attached.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,
I keep getting these warning messages in the details of the repaired permissions text whenever I run repair, which is often.

Kind of worries me as I've never seen a warning in repair permissions. But I just switched to a new machine that came with Leopard.

Mac Mini 1.83GHz core 2 duo 2GB RAM
See2Xtreme external USB video card for expanded desktop (with which I'm not real happy as they haven't gotten it to support both monitors to be in portrait mode yet)
19" Acer WS 22" Acer WS

Thanks for your attention and any ideas as to these warnings.
They are attached.

HI Fist off start your mac up with the Shift Key pressed and keep it pressed till the mac completely starts up and gets to a safe boot screen - if it dosent get to a safe boot screen then you didnt press the shift key quick enough on startup /or you are using a wireless keyboard - try one with a wire on it- once thats done (It performs a diagnostic repair automatically) run a permissions repair as before, then reboot your mac ith the OSX Disk as if you were going to re-install the OS when you get to the first / second screen of the installer window you will get a utilities menu at the top -
choose disk utility from there and run disk utility and repair the startup volume, re-boot and that should cure it, but do a softwaer update as well

Hope this Helps

David

commented: It was a fast and informative reply. +5

Thanks for the reply and idea David.

It didn't change the warning issue.
I did contact Apple on this and they had me do basically the same minus booting into safe mode.

I assume, in safe mode, that the diagnostic repair you mentioned is run in the
background (not visible), as I saw nothing unusual except my 22" screen was cut in size down to about 2/3rds. By the way, I use nothing wireless.
I did do a software update before and after.

Apple says as long as it says repairs complete, not to worry. Had I talked to a tier 2 tech, I might have gotten a better explanation of what those warnings are and why they are there. But if I'm not experiencing any other problems, I won't worry anymore.

But my curiosity is still there as to what they actually mean. Need to got to Apple school.

Thanks again for a timely and informative reply,
Dan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.