How do you switch Outlook Express and desktop folders to another iMac? I expect to get a new one and hate to lose everything on my 9.2OS.:lol:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

How do you switch Outlook Express and desktop folders to another iMac? I expect to get a new one and hate to lose everything on my 9.2OS.:lol:

Sorry, Outlook Express is only for OS 8.2-9... and the new iMacs can't even run Classic to emulate OS 9, so you can either switch to Apple's Mail, or if you prefer Microsoft, Entourage.

As for transferring your stuff, the easiest way to do it would be Firewire or Ethernet. OS X even has a transfer utility which is supposed to transfer all your data and settings for you from another Mac (assuming you have a Firewire cable), although I'm not entirely sure if it will work from OS X to OS 9.

Sorry, Outlook Express is only for OS 8.2-9... and the new iMacs can't even run Classic to emulate OS 9, so you can either switch to Apple's Mail, or if you prefer Microsoft, Entourage.

As for transferring your stuff, the easiest way to do it would be Firewire or Ethernet. OS X even has a transfer utility which is supposed to transfer all your data and settings for you from another Mac (assuming you have a Firewire cable), although I'm not entirely sure if it will work from OS X to OS 9.

Well, boo!!! Oh, well, thanks. When I finally get the iMax 10.3 and install Entourage, I'll transfer my stuff.:lol: :lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.