It keeps freezing and gives an error something like Kernel Trap followed by gibberish numbers. This is just lately. WTF is wrong with it ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It keeps freezing and gives an error something like Kernel Trap followed by gibberish numbers. This is just lately. WTF is wrong with it ?

this could be tons of different things. firstly, try booting off of your OS X install CD and run Disk Utilities, then repair the file permissions. if you need step by step directions let me know and I'll post them.

Try and use another machine to boot up the mac with the fault, connect them both via firewire and turn on the poorly mac while holding the 'T' key down, keep holding it down till the Firewire symbol comes on the screen. boot up your good mac and you should in theory have the poorly mac mounted as an external HD on your desktop, run disk utility through it as a start - after it has repaired the poorly mac boot up on it as normal. If that does not work let me know how it went.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.