Hi guys,
i´m a newbie on mac world,
i recently bought a mac mini, and i want to move my info from my laptop to mini, but i can´t view any of both computers, i´m using a firewire, and i´d like to keep them connected on a home LAN.

other question, is: is there a program that let me manage my pics, i mean, all my pics, silent hill, resident evil etc etc, and keep them organized, but with a cool imaging capacity like acdsee does?
i already know that there´s a acdsee for mac, but it doen´t keep my images organized.

please please help me.

:o

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If the laptop is a PC, you may have to put the Mac Mini into target mode (boot it holding down the "t" key), this will put the mini into a firewire disk mode, so when connected via firewire to the laptop, it should show up as a regular external firewire disk. Copy as normal.

Have you tried using iPhoto?

thanks man,
i´ve already solve the problem regarding the win/mac networking, i found this pretty easy tute on the net, maybe someone else might need it:

http://www.macosx.org/osx_networking/setup_windows.html

It really helped me a lot.

About image databasing, i´m trying with ACD see 7.0 , but it excludes a lot of pics on its SEARCH function.
I need something more easier like the iTunes Finder.

Hay yellow, on reboot would the "t" command work on other devices such as a USB mobile phone or a USB micrscope(which wouldn't ordinerily register with finder and drivers are .exe[WIN]).

Hay yellow, on reboot would the "t" command work on other devices such as a USB mobile phone or a USB micrscope(which wouldn't ordinerily register with finder and drivers are .exe[WIN]).

Target mode only works on new world macs, and it puts them in a state that makes them appear like an external firewire drive. This is a function of the Mac Boot ROM, and doesn't have anything to do with phones and microphones. Just think of it like this: Any device that you have that can see external firewire hard drives, can use a mac in target mode.

Please note that a PC doesn't read/write to HFS+ and needs 3rd party software to do so. Like Macdrive.

About image databasing, i´m trying with ACD see 7.0 , but it excludes a lot of pics on its SEARCH function.
I need something more easier like the iTunes Finder.

Again, have you tried iPhoto? It is the iTunes of picture software. Sort of.

Thanx Yellow, YOU ARE THE MAN!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.