kbennett 0 Newbie Poster

Greetings:

I have a problem that is making my hair hurt. I work at a small university, in an all-Mac office. The rest of the school is PC-based, so we run our own servers on the campus network. We have two servers, both are G-3/300 beige towers running OS-9. The servers are in different buildings on campus. Everyone in our office can connect to either server. These connections are all pretty fast (considering the amount of network traffic overall), EXCEPT the upload connection between my new Powerbook and one of the servers (call it 'server B'). That connection is ten times slower than any of the others.

To make it clear, I can _download_ from Server B just fine. I can upload and download from Server A just fine. Other people in my office can upload and download from both servers just fine. But when I go to _upload_ to Server B, my connection is ten times slower than any other possible connection.

I have worked through all the possible suspects one by one. It's not the local network in my building, because I have this problem from anywhere on campus. There has to be some sort of setting on my Powerbook that is screwing this up, except that it works just fine with the other server.

if anyone has any ideas that can fix this, I will be eternally grateful (and I'll buy you lunch if you're ever here). I need to upload large photo files on a constant basis, and it's taking forever.

Cheers,
Ken Bennett
Wake Forest University