bought win xp home ed "upgrade, attempted to install it and registered product code to my backup computer , Gateway 950 gighertz with 2 8 gig harddrives, cddvd rom drv and cdrw drv, ,,,,,,,,,,and roxio cd burn program for phillips cd-rw drv.

got corrupt errors on Uggrade edition so i took it back and got FULL INSTALLTION VER OF WIN XP - HOME EDITION AND HAVE ATTEMPTED SEV TIMES TO INSTALL IT, FINALLY GOT IT TO NEXT TO LAST STEP IN COMPLETING INSTALLATION AND GOT THE FOLLOWING ON THE MONITO SCREEN:
1. FATAL ERROR; set failed to install the product Catalogues;
2.Setup log files should confirm more information;
3. set had problems registering the following : < Ole Control DLL", which is:"C:\WINDOWS\system 32\initoki.dll"

4. ERROR; THE SIGNATURE for WINDOWS XP HOME UPGRADE IS INVALID-THE ERROR CODE IS 426 : THE SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN STARTED;

"CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR who may provide assistance in diagnosing this Problem !!

Failed to Install the Product Catalogues

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

bought win xp home ed "upgrade, attempted to install it and registered product code to my backup computer , Gateway 950 gighertz with 2 8 gig harddrives, cddvd rom drv and cdrw drv, ,,,,,,,,,,and roxio cd burn program for phillips cd-rw drv.

got corrupt errors on Uggrade edition so i took it back and got FULL INSTALLTION VER OF WIN XP - HOME EDITION AND HAVE ATTEMPTED SEV TIMES TO INSTALL IT, FINALLY GOT IT TO NEXT TO LAST STEP IN COMPLETING INSTALLATION AND GOT THE FOLLOWING ON THE MONITO SCREEN:
1. FATAL ERROR; set failed to install the product Catalogues;
2.Setup log files should confirm more information;
3. set had problems registering the following : < Ole Control DLL", which is:"C:\WINDOWS\system 32\initoki.dll"

4. ERROR; THE SIGNATURE for WINDOWS XP HOME UPGRADE IS INVALID-THE ERROR CODE IS 426 : THE SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN STARTED;

"CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR who may provide assistance in diagnosing this Problem !!

Failed to Install the Product Catalogues

Not to be mean but lets fix you stats first you have either .95 ghz or 950 mhz :)

and you have some CD / DVD roms

did you run an upgrade? or a reinstall. with an migration from windows 9x serries to windows nt serries i NEVER recomend an upgrade as you tend to take problems with you

ive never heard of that error before >.>

Hmm, worked for me. But I used the XP Home FULL install disc, not an upgrade. I formated C and D and installed, works great. Some let the install format the drives, but I was told this is not totally reliable since it does not clear EVERYTHING for a fresh start.

Look here for the answer to the initial problem.

950 MEGAHERTZ- I HAVE A SOLE INSTALL FULL SIZE WINDOWS HOME ED OF XP CONSISTING OF ONE LONE CD;
I ORGINALLY RAN WIN XP HOME "UPGRADE' )(1 CD) AND REG THE PROD CODE, NBUT AFTER INSTALL IT WOULDNT BRING UP START MENU , SEVERAL OTHER SMALL ERRORS AND SAID IT HAD CORRUPT FILES SO I REPLACE IT WITH WIN XP-HOME ED- FULL SIZE AND GOT THE ERROR MSGS I LISTED IN MY ORIGINAL THREAD REQUEST FOR HELP/ASSISTANCE
I PROB HAVE CONFLICTING PROD CODES REGISTRATIONS AND I NEED TO TALK TO MS: ADMIN FOR 1 THING BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO REACH THEM AND DONT WONT TO BE CHARGE MS SERVICE FEE
ANY FURTHER HELP IN RESOLVING THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANK U , "usa1938@netdoor.com "

commented: Dude, get rid of the caps. -7
commented: . +19

i wasnt refering to the disk i was referint to the TYPE of migration, either you did an UPGRADE or you did a CLEAN INSTALL.

the XP HOME FULL and XP HOME UPGRADE are the same disk with atad differnt requirements

Hi,

The best thing to do is format your hard drive and install that full install of XP. You'll be much happier with a clean install. Unfortunately that involves reinstalling all of your apps, but that's Windoze for ya! ;-)

the XP HOME FULL and XP HOME UPGRADE are the same disk with atad differnt requirements

You can actuall use the upgrade for a fresh install you just need the win 98 or ME disk and put it in the cdrom when the XP install asks for it !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.