I have an application in C#, .Net 2.0.
I want it to run on Mac. The application has .cs files, .exe etc. What of the file should I put in the .dmg file?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Is the application big if yes you might want to add an installer in the dmg file. What do you when you said what you should put in the dmg file.A dmg file basically has nothing inside, only the software installer. The rest like the resources ( see image below ) should be in the app package contents.

Is the application big if yes you might want to add an installer in the dmg file. What do you when you said what you should put in the dmg file.A dmg file basically has nothing inside, only the software installer. The rest like the resources ( see image below ) should be in the app package contents.

But how to make the software installer? Can I get it somehow from the .exe?

Have you seen an example of a software using installer before, if no then i do not encourage you to use an installer, You can just drag the app inside the dmg and if people want to install it on their computer, they can simply drag it to their applications folder.

What is you app filename extension. .app or what?

Have you seen an example of a software using installer before, if no then i do not encourage you to use an installer, You can just drag the app inside the dmg and if people want to install it on their computer, they can simply drag it to their applications folder.

What is you app filename extension. .app or what?

My app is made in .Net. The solution's is .sln, and the program is .exe.

Have you tested it and see whether it run perfectly fine on a Mac OSX Snow Leopard or Lion. If no, try taking a look at this first

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

You app must be able to work in Mac OSX to continue the rest of the steps.

Have you tested it and see whether it run perfectly fine on a Mac OSX Snow Leopard or Lion. If no, try taking a look at this first

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

You app must be able to work in Mac OSX to continue the rest of the steps.

I installed Mono on the Mac. I tried writing "mono myExe.exe" in cmd, but it says that the CIL image is invalid.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.